This root file is for Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge devices running on the latest Android 6.0.1 marshmallow firmware which is touchwiz based. So making use of CF-auto root is the best method as it’s the ultimate method on rooting Samsung devices.
NOTE: that this root only works on Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F, so check the variant of your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge devices before you proceed, to avoid stories that touches the heart.
Once you’ve taken note of your device, and then download the CF auto root file for your device as detailed below;
Once you’ve downloaded the auto root file, make sure your system has an active Samsung USB driver or you can simply download the one provided in the link above. After that, follow the below step to root your device.
1. Open the zip folder of the CF Auto root files which you downloaded for your device, and extract all the files from the folder to your desktop menu.
2. Remember to also download the Samsung usb drivers and install on your computer.
3. After that, you’ll see Odin.exe among the list of files, simply launch the Odin program and ticks “AP”, then click on the AP button, locate the CF auto root file in .tar.md5 format which is also among the list of file you extracted to your desktop menu as detailed in the image below.
4. Next, power off your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge device, and boot to download mode, to boot to download mode, simply hold home + power + volume down keys together till device gets to download mode.
5. Once your device gets to download mode, connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, and immediately the ID:COM box on Odin would turn blue which indicates your device is ready to download the root file.
6. After that, click the start button on Odin and the root file would be downloaded on your Galaxy device.
Congratulayiond you Samsung Galaxy is rooted just boot your device, and verify root process using root checker. feel free let us know if faced with any challenge.