There was a bit of relief when the federal government of Nigeria extended the deadline date of the NIN and SIM linking that supposed to take place on the 19th day of February. This news came as a relief to so many people that have not been able to do their NIN registration due to the high demand for NIN and its registration.
So many people have lay complaints of the frustrating experience they get while trying to do their NIN registration which is not supposed to be so. Because of this very situation, I have derived a way in which you can simply do your NIN registration online and without having to go through this everyday stress of staying in the queue, waiting for hours, and paying your way through just to get your NIN registred.
In this article, you will fully understand how to register your NIN online and get your printout from any NIN registration center around you.
How to Register For NIN Online
To register for NIN online, you follow all the instructions and guides below, if you have any questions or more information, feel free to drop us a message using the comment box.
- Visit the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form and file out the forms in the Pre Enrolment Portal
- All the mandatory fields need to be completely filled with correct information.
- Download and print your Pre Enrolment Slip here
- Walk into the nearest NIMC Registration Centre with any one of the following Original and Valid supporting documents.
- At Enrolment Center you will be directed to a counter where our Enrolment Officer will verify the presence and compliance of all details of your application.
- If your application is in order, the Enrolment Officer will guide you to proceed with the capture of biometrics (ten fingerprints and facial image) and you will collect the Transaction ID Slip as evidence of the transaction.
- The normal time frame for issuance of the National Identification Number (NIN) Slip is 2 to 3 working days from the time the biometric details are captured at enrolment centers.
- The issuance of NIN may take longer in certain cases due to the validation of details at NIMC. VFS has no role to play to expedite such cases.
- The Transaction ID Slip is required to be stored carefully by the applicant as it is required to be presented at the time of collection of NIN Slip indicating completion of enrolment
- Applicants who cannot read nor write should be accompanied by a literate individual who can do the form filling for him/her.
- Minor applicants should be accompanied by parents/guardians who can do the form filling for them.
- Minor applicants should only bring an original and valid birth certificate and NIN slip of one of the Nigerian Parent / Guardian.