We are going to learn how to change phone IMEI number on an android phone for any reason you may have in doing that. Over the years, changing phone IMEI has been a major practice done by those that want to disguise or those that want to achieve a free internet browsing tweak.
A few years back when MTN, Airtel, Globacom, and 9mobile was still offering unlimited browsing to blackberry users, the android user would change their IMEI to that of blackberry so that telecom network will see those devices as a blackberry device allowing the device to access the internet unlimitedly.
In today’s guide, we will be seeing changing phone IMEI number from another dimension in which we have not looked at it in the past. Due to security issues arising, there may be a need for us to change our phone IMEI.
A good example of this is in the case of our cell phone been monitored by some individual or a body, this monitoring can only be done with the help of our phone IMEI number, if you find yourself in this kind of situation, the best thing to do is by shutting off the medium the have been monitoring you and the way to that is by disposing your phone or changing the IDENTITY the have known you for.
Many cell phones today are being monitored in which the users are not aware of, this monitoring may be very dangerous to one due to the fact that you can be harmed by those monitoring you without you even seeing it coming.
What is Phone IMEI Number
IMEI stands for International Mobile station Equipment Identity and its a series of number used to identify the device which utilizes the network. Every device manufactured in this 21st century has the IMEI into it apart from phones that have been manufactured in the past like the famous Nokia 3310 and phones used by the militaries in a state.
This series of unique numbers serve as an identity to your phones, so when someone wants to identify you, the person can easily use your phone IMEI with the help of some computer software developed mostly by hackers or government officials to identify and track you.
Importance and Uses Of Phone IMEI Numbers
IMEI is important in our cell phones because it serves as the unique identity to that device, without it, there is no way your mobile phone will be read on a system.
1. It Can Be used To Track a Stolen Phone
have you ever been in a situation where your phone was stolen by thieves, with the help of the phone IMEI the phone can be traced to the possessors and apprehend them. This a tactic used by forces or police offices in tracing and apprehending phone thieves, this cant is possible if the device doesn’t have an IMEI number on it.
It can also be used to block the phone and rendering it useless. This I a case where you have lost your phone and the possessor cant be traced in any way, with the IMEI you can block the cellphone which in turn will be very useless to whoever has stolen it.
2. Originality and Model Of The Phone
This can also be used to identify the originality and model of the phone. each phone model has its own unique number that is included within the last digits of the 15 digits that represent the IMEI of your cell phone.
3. Tracking Your Phone When On Another Phone
Let’s say you have given someone your phone to use for something, you can actually track the phone while the person keeps the use of it, this can be achieved by using another phone or with the help of a PC whether Windows or Mac
All these uses and importance boils down to one thing and that is “PHONE IDENTITY” it is that one identity that your phone is used to be identified. you can take it to be as your fingerprint, you have only one fingerprint and with it, you will be identified no matter the face you are wearing.
Disadvantages Of Changing Your Phone IMEI Number
1. It may be illegal in your country
Some countries may see the changing phone IMEI number as something illegal, if you find yourself in that kind of place, be sure to take the necessary caution needed in order to avoid some punishment.
2. It will ruin the warranty of your device
All phone producers note down that changing your phone IMEI will void your phone warranty. So if you have already change yours, you can change it back with the procedure used in changing it, all you need is the original IMEI number.
3. May brick your device if not done properly
This process may brick your device if you didn’t do it the proper way of doing it, so to avoid this expensive mistake, make sure you understand the process before you proceed.
Why You Should Change Your Phone IMEI Number
There are reasons why you should consider changing your phone IMEI. These reasons may be of great importance while some of them for fun purposes.
To Avoid Being Track
Some people have the belief that someone is tracking and watching them and may have a very bad intention for them, if you fall in this category of people thinking some people are tracking them, you may consider changing your phone IMEI so you can have the rest of mind and continuously living you’re live the best you than being at alert and paranoid all the time.
Repairing an Invalid Phone IMEI Number
You may at a point brick your phone while trying to root them or your phone may be having some factory issues, one of the ways to fix this is by changing your phone IMEI which is giving your phone a new identity. It will be very helpful to those that their phones are having the problem of invalid IMEI numbers.
If you ever feel like using a new phone but do not have the money to purchase it, changing your phone IMEI can serve that purpose, you can change the IMEI and continue enjoying your phone.
OS Upgrades and Updates
If you find yourself in the situation of using an old device that may have stopped receiving OS updates but you still want your phone to be able to receive the updates. You may consider changing your IMEI to that of any latest model of your phone so that it can be able to receive the updates.
Cheap or free Internet Browsing cheat Purposes
Like the practice did before which we also taught users on this website which was then wisprof.com, you can change your IMEI to that of blackberry so you can be able to enjoy the cheap internet data for browsing the internet. This process is easy and still work perfectly, you may like to check it out here.
Key Steps To Change Phone IMEI Number
There are some steps you should note down while trying to change your phone IMEI, this steps will help you do it correctly without any mistake.
- Note down your original IMEI of your phone, you can get it y looking up the pack of your phone that your phone was packed inside or dial *#06# to have it displayed on your screen.
- Download mobile uncle or IMEI Changer for the sake of this tutorial
- Download IMEI Generator from google play store or click here
- Charge your devices to at least 60%
- Gather all the things needed in one place
How To Generate Phone Valid IMEI Number For Android
Changing your phone IMEI is not as complicated as it may sound, it’s just a simple process that can be done by anyone that is willing to do it. you do not have to be smart at all, we have done the work of being the smart ones to figure this thing out.
Your job is to pay very close attention and carefully execute the task by following the steps we have laid down here.
We have made these steps to be super simple so that everyone can do it, all your work is to follow the steps one by one and get it done, it shouldn’t take you up to 30 units to handle this task.
Equipment and Tools Needed For Succesful IMEI Change
As I mentioned above, you need to download Mobile Uncle or Xpose and also Download IMEI Generator.
- After downloading mobile Uncle, IMEI Changer, and IMEI Generator
- Install them on your phone and follow the below steps
How to Generate Valid Phone IMEI Number
- Launch the IMEI Generator you have download
- It will ask you to sign up. You do not need to use your original email to do this, you can download Temp-Mail from here and use it to generate a temporal email for this purpose.
- Or use Email: email@example.com Password: kingimei12345678910
- Generating and signing up, you will be welcome with a short guide, just follow the on-screen guide
- Now if you have any IMEI number in mind but you are not sure it is valid
- Input the IMEI (Eg: 861143032398972) In Provided space under Custom IMEI and click on GENERATE
- This will correct any mistake made and generate a valid IMEI
- Tap on Analyzer and past the generated IMEI to be able to analyze it.
Generating Phone IMEI Number for Specific Devices
If you want to generate IMEI for a specific device say your phone is SAMSUNG and you want to generate IMEI for your SAMSUNG phone
- Tap on Device IMEI
- Locate your phone and tap on it
- List of Valid IMEI will Appear appear
- Copy any of them
- Tap on Analyzer
- Past the IMEI you have copied in the space provided and tap on ANALYZE
How To Change Phone IMEI Number On Android
- Open the mobile Uncle you have downloaded earlier
- Go to Engineer Mode >> Engineer Mode (MTK)
- Now scroll down to CDS Information
- Tap on Radio Information
- You will see two options there
- Select the SIM you want to change the IMEI
- Now you will get an option like AT+
- Enter (The analyzed IMEI you have generated) AT+ <15 digits new IMEI> (eg: AT+ 861143032398972)
- Tap on SEND AT COMMAND
- Now Restart your Device to initialize the changes made.
How To Change Phone IMEI Number Of a Rooted Android Device
You may have rooted your phone to gain special access to things, just follow this procedure below.
- Open the IMEI Changer you have downloaded initially
- Go to Xposed> Modules
- Now Tick on IMEI Changer Apk as Module
- You have to Restart your Device.
- Now after restarting you will get your original IMEI number & Current IMEI
- Now enter the new IMEI Number you have generated in the NEW IMEI NUMBER box
- Tap Apply
- Restart your device for the changes to take place.
How To Change Phone IMEI Number On Android Phone Video Tutorial
You can check this video below to see another way on how to change IMEI on android phone
This tutorial is for educational purposes only, Techflez and its admins can not be held responsible for any use of this tutorial for any reason. Please avoid using this knowledge to harm others or for a selfish purpose.