On January, MTN Acquired Visafone Telecom network because of their 4G network and since then have been bringing update about their 4G network. Before today MTN 4G network was only available in some selected states in Nigeria but the good news now is that you can enjoy MTN 4G network in all area in Nigeria that means you must not be in Lagos, Kano or Abuja to enjoy MTN 4G network.
To make use of MTN 4G data or to rock on MTN 4G speed you have to swap you MTN 4G sim card in any MTN office nearest to you and your smartphone must be 4G enabled. MTN NG has made available a short message code that can be easily used to confirm if your smartphone is compatible. If compatible, you can then go to a nearest MTN office and swapped your sim for MTN 4G sim card.
How To Know If My Smartphone is Compatible with MTN 4G Service
- Make sure Your phone is 4G enabled.
- Then kindly text 4G to 131.
- If your smartphone is compatible, you will receive a message as below;
- If your phone is not compatible, you will receive a message as below;
If your Smartphone is compatible, visit the nearest MTN office and swapped your sim for MTN 4G sim card.
If your phone is compatible with MTN 4G network then you can make your choice from any of the data plans below
- 100MB for N500 (Valid for 7 days).
- 150MB for N499 (Valid for 24 hours).
- 200MB for N1000 (Valid for 30 days).
- Unlimited data for N36,999 (Valid for 30 days).
- 42GB for N66499 (Valid for 12 Months).
- 10GB for N6000 (Valid for 30 days).
- 15GB for N10,000 (Valid for 30 days).
To get started, dial *444# then follow the prompt that will come out on your screen.
Is this helpful? share with your friends and comment. If you have gotten yours done, let us know via the comment session.